I had a very disappointing weigh on April 18th and I guess I just wanted it to go away so I pretended like it never even happened. I had worked out SO much that week and was very excited to go to my weigh in. I got realllly upset when the results came in that I gained almost 3lbs. How could that happen!! After a 4.8lbs loss...and healthy eating and exercising! So I was mad that maybe the 4.8lbs was a fluke and too good to be true.
I knew that I would not go to the next 2 meetings due to easter and work travel, so basically just told myself to work hard to lose that lame 3 lbs I supposedly gained! And have I done that? Who the hell knows. I have spurts where I will eat SO good for 4 days (usually Monday-Thursday) then I blow it on Fri & Sat!!! It's really frustrating. I am trying to work on that.
I'm in Atlanta now for work...and I am very proud of myself. Yes, I have messed up a little but I have made A LOT of changes since the "Old Me".
- There is a little market here that has snacks and some light breakfast items. I ate cold cereal with 1% milk for breakfast today.
- Old Me would have had starbucks scones or breakfast sandwiches...or shit....BOTH.
- Last night for dinner I had a burger with cheddar cheese, tomato, onion, avocado, lettuce, and pickles. With sweet potato fries. And only ate half the burger and fries!!!!
- Old me would have added ketchup, mustard, mayo. Regular fries. Oh...and ate the WHOLE thing.
- I went to the hotel gym last night at 9:30pm. 35 mins on the elliptical (400 cals) and 11 mins on the treadmill (115 cals).
- Old me would have just gone to bed.
- Went to a famous place here in the ATL where the man v food guy went...The Vortex. We got nacho tots. Ate less than 1/10th of them. Got a famous 1/2lb burger...swapped beef for bison. Ate half....walked away....no doggie bag.
- Old me would have ate half the tots, most likely all the burger or at least brought it home and prob ate it before I went to bed.
- Ugh Ugh Ugh...yes I just ate DQ blizzard...bad, I know...BUT I got a size small.
- Old me would have at least got a medium.
So...why am I telling you all this? Basically...I am proud of myself. I have to be otherwise I might quit. I have to try to find the positives when I am feeling down about ww and my results. I DO NOT want to ever quit. I have made a lot of changes in my life. I still have a loooong journey ahead of me and I know it will not be easy, but I am preparing myself in the best way I can. Making little changes here and there will hopefully add up one day. Maybe not today, but soon. I can feel it. Because I want this more than ever, and I always get what I want.
And what I want in the ATL is some chicken and waffles. And I will get them tomorrow for lunch. BUT ONLY HALF! :)