- Back Surgery: This has probably been the most difficult mental experience I have ever had to deal with. I hurt myself in April 2012 from running and had to stop almost all activity. It was heart breaking. Especially since that was the time I was really starting to fall in love with running. That August I decided to have surgery and it was a life saver. I ended up gaining about 20lbs during that time but the GREAT news is...I am back to running! It may have been a set back...but it didn't bring me down. I am working my way back to where I was before I got hurt. Yes...it is so frustrating but it just shows me how hard I want this weightloss. Nothing will stop me. Ever.
- Break Up: I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years in 2012. It was the best decision of my life. Yes it wasn't fun while it was happening but I am 100% a better and STRONGER person because of it. I am SO happy right now and concentrating on myself 100%. I do what I want when I want and I focus on me. Only me. It is just what I need at this time. I need to do things for me and improve myself so I can love myself. Sounds corny but it's true. I'm still counting this as a set back because no matter what...break ups suck. So bad.
- 44lbs: I am counting my current weightloss as a set back because ..come on....2 years and I've only lost 44lbs?! That's terrible!! I lost that much in my 1st year! So that means I have been doing a shit job in the weightloss department for a WHOLE YEAR. Upsetting...annoying. Ugh just writing this makes me kinda sad. I am very disappointed with myself. I guess I can just turn that disappointment around and make it motivation. But still....for 2 years it should be way more.
So those are my setbacks. They aren't too bad. I am an optimist mostly so I can def turn all 3 of those setbacks into positives. They don't bother me too much. Except the 44lbs thing...that's a little upsetting. However, for every setback I have there are about 10 accomplishments to replace it. And that makes me HAPPY!!! I may have only lost 44lbs in 2 years but I have come SO FAR!
- I feel AMAZING!
- I lost 3 dress sizes. From a 24 to a 18.
- I can RUN!
- I haven't given up.
- I have more confidence.
- I learned that if I push myself hard enough, I can do anything.
- I love shopping for workout clothes.
- I'm addicted to the gym.
- I am determined to run a 5k in September 2013.
- I have less cheat meals.
- I cook healthier.
- I gave up soda (52 days!)
Ok that's all I got for now. But those accomplishments make me happy and I forget about the setbacks when I think of them. It's been a crazy/emotional/amazing 2 years and I am so proud to have not given up. I am anxious to see what is in store for me! :)
Now...on to regular blog material...
It's been a good week for working out! I have been a beast. I went and did Zumba on Monday, rest day Tuesday, Zumba on Wednesday and then I went to the gym and ran last night. I love it.
|Monday Night Zumba|
|Wednesday Night Zumba|
I am trying to get those runner ankles/legs!
|Thursday Night Run Sesh|
I did week 4 day 1 of the couch to 5k program Thursday night. I was a little nervous for this one because it would be the hardest session so far of the program. It was a 5 min warm up walk then you jog 3 mins, walk 90 secs, jog 5 mins, walk 2.5 mins, jog 3 mins, walk 90 secs, jog 5 mins. I was nervous but I'm not sure why. I started off feeling weird about running last night. My legs felt tight and I couldn't get into my running groove right away. I just felt off. Finally towards the end I was able to get into the running zone and zone out and just run. It's an awesome feeling when you get that. My mind goes blank and I just stare at something and zone out. I feel the music and run to the beat. It's my happy place. I felt great when I was done. I felt accomplished. Afterwards I was wondering why I was so nervous. I did it! After the 31 minutes of C25K I walked on an incline for 15 mins. It was an ok workout!
Because I knew my C25K program was going to get more intense on the running part (less walking) I decided that I needed a new playlist. A playlist of just running songs. My favorite songs that motivate me to just RUN.
Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Green Day, Young the Giant,
Lady GaGa, Cee Lo and Weezer
My all time FAVORITE running songs that
MOTIVATE me SO much!
This playlist really helped me get through all the running. I couldn't do it without it!! Love itttt.
When I got home last night I wanted to eat a healthy clean meal. Of course I went to my go to fav meal. Avocado, tomato, red onion, salt and pepper with shrimp. So yum.
I am anxious to start my weekend and I am planning to stay on track. I will be running at the gym tomorrow morning and then I am heading down to Delaware to see my friends. It will be a good weekend!