No idea why I am so excited to be home from Europe...seems so weird. haha! But I kinda am! My trip was a DREAM COME TRUE! I enjoyed every moment of every second. But you know that feeling the last few days where you are just exhausted and really want to sleep in your own bed? Yes...that happens even in Europe.
This trip was a once in a lifetime kind of trip. I went to Ireland last October and studied abroad in Italy for college in 2007. Ever since Italy my dream was to go to London and Paris...and well...that just happened!!! We spent 10 days in Europe. Ready for this? 5 days in Ireland, 3 days in London, 1 day in Paris then back to Ireland. 4 flights, 2 train rides and countless tube and metro journeys. Now do you understand why I was exhausted? Haha. The friend I went with has family in Ireland and we have our own apartment in downtown Dublin that we get to stay in. It really is like we live there when we're there...that is why Dublin will always be my European home...no matter what!
Ok so my trip was awesome and I can't even pick my favorite moment, day, city, country. I loved it all. Seeing the Eiffel Tower for the first time was just as amazing as seeing Big Ben for the first time which was equally as amazing as buying the Louis Vuitton purse I've always wanted in Paris on the Avenue des Champs-Elysees (one of the worlds most famous streets, arguably)!! Every second of this trip was 100% appreciated and I am truly grateful for having that experience. I am one of those people that takes everything in and appreciates it for what it is. It was seriously a dream come true!!
So here are a few pics. I didn't upload them from my camera and some of the pics are phone pics of camera pics so...not the best quality :)
My European home where someone else's family treats me like theirs.
Forever in love.
Short little summary
- Flew into Dublin and stayed in the apartment in downtown Dublin. Just a 10 minute walk to the cities Spire monument thingy.
- Spent a few days in Dublin and then headed down South to Cork for the night. That was pretty cool, there was a Navy festival going on while we were there so of course the boys were cute. Haha...
- Went to Blarney Castle and kissed the Blarney stone! This was probably one of my favorite things we did in Ireland this year...it was so cool. You literally hang upside down like 5 stories up and some guy holds you while you hold on to bars and try to kiss the bottom of a rock. Naturally I did this wearing a skirt because I'm a classy girl...HAHA only me. :)
- Did so much shopping in Ireland. I bought myself a Tiffany & Co. four leaf clover charm and an Irish knit scarf! I love them!
|Kissing the Blarney Stone...|
...in a skirt.
Classy classy girl I am.
|If anyone ever goes to Ireland...|
WARNING: BEST bread ever!!
They have this "brown bread" which is like crack.
I think it's just brown Irish soda bread but it is SO good.
I ate it every day with loads of butter....oops.
Don't even care.
- I have always dreamed of going to London and I can't believe I actually went! My friend and I flew into London from Dublin...only a 50 minute plane ride!
- We only had 4 days in London with one whole day dedicated to Paris so our time was very short. The first day we got there we rushed into the city for a hop on hop off bus tour (through my traveling experience, I think this is the very best way to first see a city). We got to see all the sites we wanted to! Big Ben, London Eye, London Bridge, Buckingham Palace and other places I forget haha.
- The London Eye was def amazingly awesome. Some of my favorite pictures came from the very top of the eye! Loved it.
- For anyone traveling to London, you HAVE to go to the London Dungeons! Although it's not a historic boring tour...it is a must see. It's like a Disney World attraction! You ride on boats, walk through crazy detailed sets with actors explaining London's dark history with Jack the Ripper, Sweeney Todd, torture chambers (I was locked in a cage at one point lol), the plague and you even get hung at the end (dropped 30 feet)! It was AWESOME!
- We mastered the Tube!! It was so fun riding that thing! Mind the gap! :)
- One full day we went to the Harry Potter studio tour. Ummmm amazing. This was the best thing ever! I def recommend for any HP fan out there to go if you're ever in London. We spent hours upon hours looking at the real sets, props, costumes and behind the scene things. I even got a pic riding a broom stick :)
- London is SO expensive so I didn't do tooooo much shopping. I wanted another Tiffany charm but couldn't make myself pay $125 for a crown charm after what I did in Paris. (Damn...now that I think about it...should have just gotten that crown charm haha...maybe for my Birthday!) I did end up getting a Big Ben Pandora charm but I don't know if I really like it. Oh well.
|Big Ben from the London Eye|
No idea why I don't really smile...lol
|Nerd pic at King Cross station :)|
- Ahhhh Paris!!! We only had a day trip to Paris from London. We took the train through the Chunnel. It was only about a 2 hours train ride. Woke up at 4:30am and got to Kings Cross in London and then took the train to Paris! We had about 8 hours...which is NOT enough time! :(
- We did the hop on hop off bus of course and lucky for us in one short little 1.5 hour ride we got to see the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Avenue des Champs-Elysees, the Louvre and Notre Dame. We didn't have time to walk around the Eiffel Tower or go up it, but seeing it was just as amazing.
- We walked around and ate crepes, croissants and shopped the hell out of Paris! This included going to Louis Vuitton and Tiffanys. Hence why I'm broke. All worth it because I kept telling myself that I may never come back. I am a huge advocate for spending money on expensive things ONLY if it has an amazing story behind it and can be passed down through my family. Hence the reason why I always buy Tiffanys when I go somewhere special.
- Paris was a dream come true and I wish we had more time there! I am determined to one day go back! :)
|Off to Paris we go!|
|Best day ever!|
My Tiffany & Co. Eiffel Tower charm, my Louis Vuitton Speedy bag named Rent,
and of course, the amazing Eiffel Tower herself!
So that is a
short kinda short summary of my trip. There is so much more and soooo many pictures! If you follow me on Instagram you will probably see a few more when I upload them. It was a wonderful trip and I am still on a high from it...as well as still catching up on sleep! :)
P.S.- So this post is obviously not weightloss related but I am heading back to the gym tonight and will be getting back into my routine! I missed it and I need it! I gained about 3lbs on my trip and I need them to go away! Too much brown bread and chocolate! Haha! :)